Need help choosing a package? Need additional searches or a custom package? We are here to help.
Most verifications are completed within minutes.
Do I need to get a candidate’s consent before running a background check on them?
As a PreEmptify customer, we take care of this process for you. With our electronic delivery of required state and city notices and consent forms. Our screening interface is functional and easy to use across all mobile devices. Consent forms can be sent by email or text.
What types of background checks are best?
How long does it take to complete a background check?
Other background screening companies charge a set up fee. Why don't you?
What are pass-through fees?
Depending on the State, DMV charges vary from $3.50 to $25.00 on top of package price.
Third party education verifier costs vary from $14.00 to $25.00 depending on the institution and are not included in the package price.
We do our best to absorb court fees. When this is not possible, we will obtain your authorization before ordering a record search in that jurisdiction.
Are you ready to get started with Bay Area Background Checks?
What Is Resumé Fraud?
More and more potential employees are using creative license to beef up their résumés. In fact, a recent survey by Career Builder of more than 2,500 hiring managers cites that 56% have caught candidates lying on their résumés.
The most common untruth is embellishing job skills or responsibilities, while 25% of managers discovered people who claimed to be employed by a company, but never worked for them. Another 15% of managers say job seekers have reported awards they’ve never earned.
Why Are Background Checks Necessary?
With so much at stake for your company’s reputation, you should think twice about hiring anyone these days. Don’t take their resume at face value. After all, a new candidate may be an embezzler, a drug user, have a history of workplace violence, or just not truly be qualified for a particular job.
Background checks are not only necessary, but a necessary step in the vetting process for a new candidate in any business and in any industry.
What Are The Benefits of Background Checks?
- Weeding out undesirable candidates who may lie or falsify their work history, credentials, or criminal past.
- Decreasing the potential legal exposure and liability affiliated with a bad hire, such as theft, embezzlement, or workplace violence.
- Reducing the costs associated with employee turnover and re-training of staff members.
- Improving the statistical certainty that an employer will at times hire an unqualified and undesirable candidate.
- Decreasing the costs to your company involved in the recruitment, hiring, and training due to higher turnover.